I have gotten lazy about blogging. I’ve also gotten lazier in my sewing, but not as lazy as in my blogging, so I’ve made a few items which I’ll post about all together now.
This is my old TNT tunic pattern made with small piece of patterned linen from my stash. I didn’t have quite enough fabric for the sides, so pieced together something on one side from scraps.
I used commercial seam binding for the armholes and neck. I did the neck first, and didn’t think to undersew the binding, so it doesn’t lie as flat as I would like. I made sure to undersew for the armholes. I made the trousers last summer using a basic straight-leg elastic waist pattern, but extending it width-wise to 58 inches as the waist. I’ve since altered it slightly by narrowing the legs gradually from the knee down. It stops the legs from “spreading out” and I prefer it.
This is V9174, a Marcy Tilton pattern that I paid meticulous attention to. I had a lovely stiff cotton fabric with textured “pointelist” surface. I think it was the perfect fabric for the shirt. I expected to put on white buttons but fell in love with these metal ones. I made a grey button holes to match.
Here it is with Tessuti Tamiko trousers in medium-weight linen that I bought white and dyed. I really love this pattern. It has a single pocket bag sewn to the front with top stitching, and a lower leg panel that tapers in at both outer and inner leg. I used a turquoise thread for the top stitching.
Well, the colour isn’t showing up well, but hopefully you get the idea.
And here’s a pic of the shirt button for Del. You can also see the texture of the fabric.
I also made these lovely drop crotch/harem pants which I showed on IG. They’re made from a couple of old, old curtain panels. I made a pattern, using a pant pattern, modifying it on the inner leg, and making a triangular pattern piece for the centre front and back. I also made a waist yoke. The pant is held up by a couple of large hooks and eyes on the yoke. There was no need for a zip below that. Now that I know I don’t need a zip, I could open up the side seams to insert pockets. Maybe one day ….
I am currently making a second pair of Tamiko trousers out of lightweight striped pink wool, interlined with silk crepe de chine. I think they’re going to be lovely, although I forgot to plan for stripe matching on the lower panels.
Thought I would include this as I don’t know when I’ll blog again. I’m currently not “feeling” the picture-taking effort… and so many bloggers that I follow have stopped…